At East Georgia State College, ACADEMIC ADVISING is a collaborative process designed to help all students succeed academically; develop an appropriate educational plan leading to graduation and beyond; focus on their life beyond the college experience; and assume a responsible and proactive role in their own education.
Role of the Academic Success Advisor:
- TO provide you with information on expectations for academic success and your role in the process.
- TO assist you in creating an educational plan that is realistic and consistent with your overall academic goals.
- TO help you understand the curriculum, graduation requirements and college policies and procedures.
- TO make appropriate referrals to campus resources and encourage you to use available technology.
- TO discuss transfer and career options with you.
- TO hold regular office hours and respond to your emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
Role of the Advisee (YOU):
- TO learn about college programs, policies and procedures.
- TO check your EGSC email and reply to all correspondence that needs attention.
- TO review your degree audit before each advising session and become familiar with your program and respective classes.
- TO seek advisor services, if needed prior to registering for classes each semester.
- TO learn how to select and schedule classes and be aware of important dates on the Academic Calendar.
- TO schedule and keep advising appointments and take care of any holds on your student account.
- Core Curriculum Learning Outcomes
- Core Curriculum – Associate of Arts 2016
- Core Curriculum – Associate of Arts
- General Core Audit Form
- Schedule Planning Worksheet
- Two-Year AA/AS Course Major Listing