At East Georgia State College, ACADEMIC ADVISING is a collaborative process designed to help all students succeed academically; develop an appropriate educational plan leading to graduation and beyond; focus on their life beyond the college experience; and assume a responsible and proactive role in their own education.
Role of the Academic Success Advisor:
- TO provide you with information on expectations for academic success and your role in the process.
- TO assist you in creating an educational plan that is realistic and consistent with your overall academic goals.
- TO help you understand the curriculum, graduation requirements and college policies and procedures.
- TO make appropriate referrals to campus resources and encourage you to use available technology.
- TO discuss transfer and career options with you.
- TO hold regular office hours and respond to your emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
Role of the Advisee (YOU):
- TO learn about college programs, policies and procedures.
- TO check your EGSC email and reply to all correspondence that needs attention.
- TO review your degree audit before each advising session and become familiar with your program and respective classes.
- TO seek advisor services, if needed prior to registering for classes each semester.
- TO learn how to select and schedule classes and be aware of important dates on the Academic Calendar.
- TO schedule and keep advising appointments and take care of any holds on your student account.
Degrees with Distinction- Curriculum Sheets and Two-Year Academic Plans
- Associate of Arts in Core Curriculum
- Associate of Arts in Art
- Associate of Science Degree / Biology
- Associate of Science Degree / Business Administration
- Associate of Science Degree / Chemistry
- Associate of Arts Degree / Communication Arts
- Associate of Arts Degree / Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts Degree / Elementary Education
- Associate of Arts Degree / English
- Associate of Arts Degree / Fire Emergency Services Administration
- Associate of Arts Degree / History
- Associate of Science Degree / Mathematics
- Associate of Arts Degree / Political Science
- Associate of Arts Degree / Psychology
- Associate of Arts Degree / Sociology
- Transfer Pathways- Curriculum Sheets and Two-Year Academic Plans
- Advising Orientation Presentations
- Online Courses and Brightspace/D2L
- Schedule Planning Worksheet
- Schedule Adjustment Form