At East Georgia State College, Academic Advising is a collaborative process designed to help all students succeed academically; develop an appropriate educational plan leading to graduation and beyond; focus on their life beyond the college experience; and assume a responsible and proactive role in their own education.
Role of the Academic Success Advisor:
- To provide you with information on expectations for academic success and your role in the process.
- To assist you in creating an educational plan that is realistic and consistent with your overall academic goals.
- To help you understand the curriculum, graduation requirements and college policies and procedures.
- To make appropriate referrals to campus resources and encourage you to use available technology.
- To discuss transfer and career options with you.
- To hold regular office hours and respond to your emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
Role of the Advisee (YOU):
- To learn about college programs, policies and procedures.
- To check your EGSC email and reply to all correspondence that needs attention.
- To review your degree audit before each advising session and become familiar with your program and respective classes.
- To seek advisor services, if needed prior to registering for classes each semester.
- To learn how to select and schedule classes and be aware of important dates on the Academic Calendar.
- To schedule and keep advising appointments and take care of any holds on your student account.
Degrees with Distinction- Curriculum Sheets and Two-Year Academic Plans for Students Covered Under 2020-21 EGSC Catalog
- Associate of Arts in Core Curriculum
- Associate of Arts in Art
- Associate of Science Degree / Biology
- Associate of Science Degree / Business Administration
- Associate of Science Degree / Chemistry
- Associate of Arts Degree / Communication Arts
- Associate of Arts Degree / Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts Degree / Elementary Education
- Associate of Arts Degree / English
- Associate of Arts Degree / Fire and Emergency Services Administration
- Associate of Arts Degree / History
- Associate of Science Degree / Mathematics
- Associate of Arts Degree / Political Science
- Associate of Arts Degree / Psychology
- Associate of Science Degree/ Recreation
- Associate of Arts Degree / Sociology
Are you covered under the EGSC 2019-2020 Catalog? Click here to view and download your Curriculum Sheets and Two Year Degree Plans.
* Don't see what you're looking for? Please contact the Academic Advising Staff listed below or your academic advisor for more information.