The East Georgia State College Library now includes the new Learning Commons, which opened in August 2012.
The EGSC Library serves the students, faculty, and staff of East Georgia State College as well as the Emanuel Country community. EGSC librarians are advocates for the free access of information to all populations and a commitment to exceptional customer service to all patrons.
The goals of the EGSC Library include
- Providing reliable and free access to resources to enable students to succeed at EGSC and in their future studies and careers
- Teach all patrons how to access information and the ethical and responsible use of that information
- Expand the reach of technology and internet access to rural populations
- Promote literacy for all ages and work with our community to encourage learning at every age
The EGSC Library also houses the Learning Commons including the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) and Academic Advising Center. All of these services work together to offer instructional and learning support services to EGSC students, striving to foster academic excellence and student success.
- The EGSC Library collection with more than 70,000 items and 500,000 e-books
- Online access to GALILEO, the online portion of the library with millions of information resources
- 4 group study rooms and 2 classrooms that can be used for collaborative study or meetings
- A Browsing collection of popular fiction, non-fiction, graphic novels, and DVDs available for check-out
- Technology such as brand new computer labs, printing in black and white as well as color, and a 3D Printer
Special collections including
- The Heritage Center which houses rare materials about the history of the area, the history of Georgia, and the college archives
- Ehrlich Military History Collection covering military history
- Neil Kalmanson Eastern Thought Collection which includes a large collection of materials donated by the former professor of art, Neil Kalmanson