The East Georgia State College Library is part of the new Learning Commons, which opened in August 2012.
The Learning Commons includes the EGSC Library, the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) and Academic Advising Center. All of these institutions work together to offer instructional and learning support services to EGSC students, striving to foster academic excellence and student success.
Facts about the EGSC Library:
- Common Grounds cafe is located near the main entrance and serves light refreshments, coffee and other beverages
- 4 group study rooms as well as 2 classroom spaces that can be used for collaborative study and project work are located in the EGSC Library
- Both quiet study and and group study areas are available
- The Heritage Center and Ehrlich Military History Collection are special collections housed in the EGSC Library which have rare and interesting materials related to Georgia and Emmanuel County history as well as all types of military history
- 2 computer labs are located in the Learning Commons for printing and scanning needs
The EGSC Library collection includes over 72,000 items, 32,000 of which are e-books which students can access electronically either on computers at the college or at home