Students, faculty, and staff who use the East Georgia State College Library have the right to expect the Library to be a suitable place for study, group meetings and research as well as access to library materials that are complete. To create an atmosphere that will ensure a productive and positive environment, the Library requires that users follow the Library Conduct Policy by refraining from the activities listed below:
- Destroying or mutilating library books/print items by marking, underlining, tearing out pages, removing binding and barcodes; installing personal programs on computers; abusing and misusing furniture and facility.
- Removing library materials or property without checking them out or without proper authorization.
- Smoking, to include the use of smokeless tobacco, in the Library.
- Hiding or concealing books or periodicals for later use by an individual or group.
- Failing to return overdue items within the loan period or when items have been recalled by the Library.
- Failing to pay fines and fees for overdue, damaged and lost items.
- Disrupting and disturbing others by behaving in a disorderly manner, to include talking loudly on a cell phone, offensive sexual behavior, and harassment.
- Entering an unauthorized area of the Library; remaining in the Library after closing or when requested to leave during an emergency drill or situation.
- Harassing library staff or users.
The Library Conduct Policy is in accordance with policies of conduct found in the handbooks for Students, Faculty and Staff.