Make the World Your Classroom!
Do you want to travel the world and earn college credit at the same time? Do you want to gain life experiences which make you more marketable when applying for jobs? Or, do you just want to go on an adventure that will change your life and your perspective on it? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then you should take advantage of the opportunity to Study Abroad with EGSC.
East Georgia State College offers affordable and safe educational programs abroad. EGSC students have an opportunity to take core courses, learn languages, and volunteer abroad. Students have a wide range of program options to suit their academic needs and cultural interests. For instance, students can study abroad in rural tropical ecological regions like San Luis, Costa Rica or urban political metropolises like Quebec, Canada during the summer. Students can also study abroad in rich historical, cultural, and artistic centers such as Paris, France or Cortona, Italy during the spring. No matter the destination, students choose to integrate an international experience into their undergraduate careers for a variety of reasons—but all come back with timeless stories, memorable experiences, new friends, and better academic and professional prospects.
Why Study Abroad?
Why not? After all, in our global and competitive world, the reasons for studying abroad are nearly endless. East Georgia State College students have an opportunity to take courses, learn languages, and volunteer abroad each summer. They choose to integrate an international experience into their undergraduate careers for a variety of reasons - - but all come back with timeless stories, memorable experiences, and better academic and professional prospects.
The Study Abroad Advantage: Why should students study abroad?
- To gain a competitive edge for any resume, or graduate school application.
- To see the world from an entirely new perspective and gain intercultural competencies.
- To develop new skills, independence, and the self-confidence needed to survive and succeed in the global marketplace.
- To put theory to practice in the real world.
- To acquire or improve foreign language skills.
- To improve communication skills (across language and cultural boundaries).
- To increase flexibility and adaptability (improve ability to cope with unexpected situations).
- To improve problem solving skills.
- To increase creativity and resource management skills.
- To acquire patience and empathy.
For further information on EGSC’s Study Abroad Programs, please click on the link that pertains to the program in which you are interested. You will be directed to its website with program dates, prices, a student application, and the contact information for the Program Director.