Auditors (BOR Student Affairs Policy 126.96.36.199)
Students who wish to enroll in regular academic classes, but receive no college credit. Admissions requirements are the same as those expected of regular freshman and transfer students. Auditor applicants must submit an official transcript showing evidence of graduation from an accredited or approved high school or an earned GED. Students may not change from audit to credit status, or from credit to audit status after the last day of late registration for that semester. The auditor may not use any audited course for credit unless he/she repeats the course for credit as a regularly enrolled student. The college will consider the acceptance of auditors only when their enrollment will cause no hardship or inconvenience to the institution or the regularly scheduled students. An auditor may or may not, as he/she wishes, participate in all activities of the course including taking examinations and submitting of papers for evaluation. Regular matriculation fees will be charged for courses which are audited. An application for admission must be filed with the Office of Admissions prior to the opening of the semester for which the auditor plans to enroll. Be aware that financial aid will not pay for audited courses.
Persons 62 Years of Age or Older: Must be a Georgia resident (established and maintained domicile in the State of Georgia for a period of 12 consecutive months preceding the first day of classes for the term), 62 years of age or older at the time of registration and upon presentation of birth certificates or other comparable written documentation of age, may enroll as regular students on a "space available" basis during the final former student registration date, and only the tuition will be waived, not the differential. Such students must meet regular admission requirements as follows:
- Completed East Georgia State College application for admission.
- Official high school transcript showing evidence of graduation from an accredited or approved high school or submit an earned GED Score Report (Section 188.8.131.52 of Student Affairs Policy).
- Official college transcript for each college attended.
- After registering for class(es), the student must submit a copy of their schedule to the Registrar's Office each semester to implement the waiver for applicants 62 year and older.
- Must submit required immunizations or exemption request.