Formerly known as the Accel program, the Move On When Ready (MOWR) program provides opportunities for eligible high school students to enroll at East Georgia State College* and earn both high school and college credit. This program combines the best features of the Accel program with those of the previous MOWR program. These changes will reduce the cost of participation in the program, as well as expand the types of classes students are able to enroll in. Some notable updates include:
- All tuition and mandatory fees are waived: Some courses also have additional course fees and those will be assessed to the student. But there will be no charge to the student for tuition or mandatory fees.
- Broader course offerings: All of the previously approved Accel courses will be combined with the MOWR supplemental course list to expand the course availability to students in the program. Students may also enroll full-time or part-time, taking up to fifteen or more credit hours.
- Free textbook access for students: The new MOWR program will provide free access to required texts. Students may pick these as early as the weekend before school begins. Students and parents will have to sign a book loan agreement at the Bookstore.
*MOWR program is currently only available at the Swainsboro and Statesboro campus locations.
Any student wanting to participate in Move On When Ready should speak with their high school guidance counselor before starting the application process.
To be eligible for the Move On When Ready (MOWR) program you must meet the following:
- Attend a private or public secondary educational institution within the State of Georgia or a home study program operated pursuant to §O.C.G.A. 20-2-690 that has been approved by the Georgia Student Finance Commission as a MOWR participating school. Ask your guidance counselor to be sure your school is approved to participate.
- Have a minimum 970 SAT (Math + Critical Reading only) or 20 ACT (composite) or Exempting Compass exam scores (74 - Reading, 60 - Writing, 37 - Math) or exempting AccuPlacer scores.**
- Have a High School academic GPA of 3.0 or higher (as calculated by the Office of Admissions).
- Obtain approval from high school guidance counselor and parents/guardians by completing the appropriate MOWR agreement form
- Complete the GAcollege411 online MOWR Application with your guidance counselor and parents/guardians and submit to the Georgia Student Finance Commission. This form must be completed and submitted prior to the first day of classes at East Georgia.
- Be on track to complete the Required High School Curriculum, as defined by the University System of Georgia.
- 4 English Credits
- 4 Math Credits
- 4 Science credits
- 3 Social Science credits
- 2 Foreign Language credits (same language)
**Minimum SAT score of 430-Critical Reading/400-Math, minimum ACT score of 17 - English/17-Math).We can only make a decision based on the highest scores that we receive. Please make sure that scores are up-to-date. If you submit scores and then take the test again, then you may submit the new scores for us to review. We will simply reassess your file and make another decision based on the updated scores.
Any student wanting to participate in the Move On When Ready program should speak with their high school guidance counselor before starting the application process as listed below.
- EGSC Application for Admission ($20 application fee is waived)
- Completed online MOWR application via GAcollege411 Students attending a home study program must complete the paper MOWR application
- Official preliminary High School transcripts of all courses and grades to date
- List of current courses in progress
- Official SAT, ACT scores, Compass, AccuPlacer scores
- MOWR Agreement Form: Public School or Home School/Private School.
- EGSC Certificate of Immunization Must have all required immunizations - MMR1 & MMR2, MCP-Chickenpox/Varicella, Hepatitis B series, and a MTD-Tetanus shot taken in 2003 or later
- Verification of Lawful Presence
Orientation is for all new EGSC students providing students and their families with a more informed understanding of resources, policies, and new student expectations. Key elements of the program include a sequence of informational sessions for students and parents, training on myEGSC and applications, training and oversight of the course registration process. Because we consider this information vital to your academic success, all MOWR students at EGSC are required to attend Orientation prior to their first day of classes. Since students have the ability to take their MOWR classes at their high school or at either the Swainsboro or Statesboro campus, we strongly encourage students to attend the Orientation session most convenient for them. Registration is required and the registration link will be emailed to students for the following date, time, and location:
Fall - 8/4/16
Statesboro : 9:00am -11:30am and Swainsboro : 2:00pm-4:30pm