Homeschool Student/Non-Accredited High School Student (BOR Student Affairs Policy 184.108.40.206)
An applicant who completed high school graduation requirements under a home school program or graduated from a non-accredited high school may be considered for admission.
According to the policies of the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia, an applicant whose SAT I combined (Critical Reading plus Mathematics) score is at or above the SAT I score of the previous year’s fall semester first-time freshmen admitted to the USG institution to which he or she is applying and who has completed the equivalent of each of the College Preparatory Curriculum areas as documented by a portfolio of work and/or other evidence that substantiates College Preparatory Curriculum completion qualifies for consideration for admission.
Home school applicants, regardless of age, must meet freshman requirements outlined in Policy 220.127.116.11 of the BOR Student Affairs Policy Manual:
- Application for Admission
- Application Fee - $20 (non-refundable)
Certificate of Immunization and Medical Entrance Form -
Swainsboro Campus - All required immunizations
Augusta Campus - All required immunizations
Statesboro Campus - All required immunizations
Official SAT or ACT scores - sent to EGSC directly from the testing agency, meeting the minimum requirements of, new SAT Reading 24 and Math 25.5, or ACT English 17 and ACT Math 20
Information for requesting official scores can be found at the College Board or ACT.
- Home School Portfolio - Applicants who were home schooled must submit a Home School Portfolio Summary form along with supporting documentation.
- Letter of Completion from the primary teacher or program administrator certifying completion of high school and date of high school graduation.
- Official College Transcripts from each college, university, or technical college attended.
** Home school applicants who receive a GED are ineligible for retro HOPE after completing 30 hours of college coursework.