An applicant who graduated or would have graduated from high school five or more years ago is considered a non-traditional student. This includes both beginning freshmen and those with previous college or university attendance. The high school transcript requirement will be waived for applicants with 30 semester hours or more of transferable college credit after a full evaluation of all previous college coursework is completed.
Guaranteed Admission: Non-traditional applicants will be guaranteed admission after submitting an application, application fee and all official high school and college transcripts and passing Entrance Exam scores or exempting SAT/ACT scores. See below for specific documents for admission and registration.
Non-traditional applicants need to submit the following documents:
- EGSC Application for Admission and $20.00 non-refundable application fee.
Official High School Transcript
- The transcript needs to indicate type of diploma received (college preparatory or technical/career) and date of graduation. Certificates of performance or special education diplomas are not acceptable.
- Applicants who received a General Education Development (GED) diploma need to submit official passing GED scores only. The high school transcript of coursework completed is not required.
Official College Transcript(s)
- Transcripts from each college, university, or technical school attended must be submitted.
- Applicants must be eligible to return to the institution they last attended.
- Applicants who previously attended a college or university and have less than 30 semester hours of transferable college credit will need to submit high school transcripts or GED scores.
- Applicants born or educated outside of the United States should see International Student Admissions and Advising for additional requirements.
- All required immunization records
- Entrance testing (COMPASS) if required.