Transfer Student

An applicant who has enrolled previously in any accredited college or university and has 30 semester hours or more of transferable college credit and graduated or would have graduated from high school within the last five years is considered a transfer student. Because applicants with less that 30 semester hours of transferable credit will need to meet freshmen requirements, the high school transcript requirement will not be waived until a full evaluation of all previous college coursework is completed.

Guaranteed Admission: Transfer applicants with 30 semester hours or more of transferable college credit will be guaranteed admission after submitting an application, application fee and all official college transcripts. Applicants with less than 30 hours of transferable college credit will also need to meet freshmen requirements to be guaranteed admission. See below for specific documents for admission and registration.

Transfer applicants need to submit the following documents:

  • Official College Transcript(s)
    • Transcripts from each college, university or technical school attended.
    • Applicants must be eligible to return to the institution they last attended.
    • Applicants must be in good academic standing.
    • Applicants with less than 30 transferable hours of credit must meet freshman admissions requirements
  • High school transcripts (If having less than 30 transferrable hours)
  • Required immunization records
  • Lawful Presence documentation
  • COMPASS Entrance Exam may be required dependent upon courses transferred in

Students that are placed on exclusion or dismissal from their previous institution will be ineligible for Financial Aid as well as ineligible to attend East Georgia State College UNTIL they have sat out their exclusion or dismissal period.