Transient Students (Student Affairs Policy 184.108.40.206)
A transient student is a student who is enrolled in one college or university and takes courses for one semester at East Georgia State College with the intention of transferring the course credit back to their home institution. Transient students are approved and admitted for one academic term at a time.
Pay the non-refundable $20 application fee online.
Submit Transient/Permission Letter
Transient/permission letter must be signed by the registrar or academic dean at the institution granting permission of the applicant as a transient student.
- The letter must indicate the specific term the student plans to attend East Georgia State College.
- The letter may also include a list of courses to be taken at East Georgia State College.
- A “Letter of Good Standing” from institutions may be acceptable.
Provide Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States.
Applicants must provide evidence of lawful presence in the United States to qualify for in-state tuition classification. *Students who are International or are considered undocumented must submit a Lawful Presence Opt-Out form verifying that they understand they will be charged out of state tuition.
Provide proof of current Immunizations.
Transients can submit their information to be sent from their home institution.
Check your status online.
This status will reflect whatever we have in our records at that exact moment. You will be aware of our admissions decision as soon as it is made without having to wait for an admissions letter.
- Transient students must be in good standing at their home institution.
- Transient students are considered non-degree seeking students at East Georgia State College.
- East Georgia State College will not accept a letter of no objection (in lieu of a transient permission letter) for students who have been dismissed from their home institution.
- Transcripts of college work completed elsewhere are not required since transient students are not admitted to degree programs.
- Transient students should be advised by their home institution regarding selection of courses to be taken at East Georgia State College.
- Transient students are unable to receive financial aid directly from East Georgia and must contact their financial aid office to request a financial aid consortium letter if seeking financial aid (i.e. HOPE).
- Transient students are not required to attend a new student orientation session and are not guaranteed course availability.
Once all of the above documentation has been received by the Admissions office and you have been accepted, you are now ready to be registered for your class(es)!
Review the available courses by selecting semester and campus. Please note that not all classes are offered at all campus locations each semester
Submit a Schedule Adjustment Form
You must provide this form to the Registrar's office as this form will be used to register you for your approved course(s). Please include your full name, birthdate, EGSC ID#, and the CRNs (course registration numbers) of the courses you are approved to take. Form can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (478) 289-2353.
- Transient students should be prepared to request a transcript from East Georgia to be sent back to their home institution upon completion of courses.