UPDATE: The Office of Admissions is open for on-campus testing.
There are three options for testing: 1) Testing On-Campus; 2) Testing at another institution with a remote voucher; 3) Testing with Examity.
The Next-Generation Accuplacer is a an optional exam that is a series of computer-based tests in Reading, English and Math, used to assess a student's skill level for Learning Support placement purposes. The test, although untimed, usually takes about 2 hours to complete. It is a computer adaptive assessment and the test questions are multiple choice, chosen on the basis of answers to previous questions. Hand held calculators are not allowed in the Math part of the test. Test takers can access an on screen calculator for certain math questions. Tests begin with sample questions designed to illustrate the types of test questions the examinee will see during the test. Results for the Reading, Writing, and Quantitative Reasoning, Algebra, and Statistics (QAS) will be made available upon completion of the exam, however the WritePlacer portion of the exam may take up to 24-48 hours to receive results. After you complete the ACCUPLACER assessment, please allow up to 72 hours for scores to be entered.
If taking the ACCUPLACER for another institution other than EGSC, there is a $25 fee and tested on an as-available basis and we require a remote test voucher from the school you are taking the exam for. If you are retaking any or all sections of ACCUPLACER, there is a fee of $15 for each seated visit, regardless of section.
You can prepare for the ACCUPLACER exam by taking advantage of the study tools and resources. Please use these tools to become familiar with the types and format of ACCUPLACER test questions. They can also help you identify the academic areas where you may need a little help, and prepare to improve.
No, applicants to East Georgia State College are not required to take the Accuplacer. However, please note, ALL STEM majors are strongly recommended to take the Accuplacer prior to enrollment, if they have not previously provided exempting SAT or ACT scores. Furthermore, incoming students can try to exempt certain sections by meeting the minimum test requirements along with the completion of the 4 Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) units of English and the 4 Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) units of Math. Please note that any printed score report MUST include all six test scores, see instructions on how to print your report directly from College Board. However, if they are not exempted by specific criteria (other test scores, transfer credit, etc.) OR would like to take the Accuplacer to not be placed in a Learning Support co-requisite course, applicants are encouraged to take the Accuplacer exam. The exemption scores are as follows:
|Old SAT (Code: 5200)||New SAT (Code: 5200)||ACT (Code: 0799)|
|Critical Reading – 430||Evidence-Based Reading & Writing – 480||17 English|
|Math – 400||
Math – 440
*510 to take MATH 1111
*20 to take MATH 1111
|Measure or Score||Recommended Maximum “Age”|
|SAT/ACT||7 years from date of administration|
|HSGPA||5 years from date of graduation|
|Accuplacer||1 year from date of administration|
- Students must bring a Photo ID to the test for identity verification.
- Cell phones are NOT permitted in the testing lab.
- Students are strongly encouraged to practice and review prior to taking the exam.
- Personal calculators are not permitted in the testing lab as there is a calculator built into the test for you to use.
- This test is computerized. The Reading Comprehension and Elementary Algebra sections are not timed while the WritePlacer has a 60 minute time limit.
- There is no cost for this test if the student has applied for admission to EGSC. There is a $25 fee if the student is not an EGSC applicant.
- Children are not allowed in the testing room and cannot be left alone outside of the testing area.
- A $15 retest fee is assessed for each seated visit, not per test section. The retest fee must be paid at the time of testing and receipt must be shown for verification.
- The option to retest is forfeited if a student attends any mandatory Learning Support classes after his/her entry term's first day of class — no exceptions.
- Any and all retests must be taken prior to the prior to the beginning of any regular term or mini-mester for which the student seeks admission, except in exceptional circumstances where the need to retest can be documented and the student obtains the approval of the Vice President for Academic Affairs to retest.
Student may have up to four attempts per subject within an academic year to pass the ACCUPLACER Placement Exam, however, any attempt to test for a fourth time within any academic year must be approved by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The four attempts are:
- The initial Accuplacer attempt
- The first retest attempt
- The second retest attempt
- An approved third retest attempt by the VPAA
- The four attempts include all EGSC test sessions, test sessions taken at other institutions, test sessions taken during high school and all remote sessions.
- After having tested four separate times, a student MAY NOT test at another institution and request those scores be transferred to EGSC.
- The four attempts are:
- Students are required to remediate after the first attempt and all subsequent attempts, and must present a signed approval form from the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) prior to retesting.
- No student may test more than four times within any one academic year.
- After testing three times at EGSC within any academic year, a student MAY NOT test at another institution and request those scores be transferred to EGSC.
If you identify yourself as a student with disability (or have an IEP or 504 plan), all requests for accommodations must be made as early as possible, at least 30 days in advance of the need. Documentation of disability must be submitted and pre-approved prior ro testing. For further information regarding accommodations, please contact the Counseling and Disability Services Office at (478) 289-2039.
Office of Student Affairs
131 College Circle
Swainsboro Georgia 30401
Phone: (478) 289-2169
Fax: (478) 289-2353