ACCUPLACER is an English and Mathematics academic placement exam, which new students can take to exempt corequisite learning support requirements. There is no cost to take the Accuplacer the first time for those who have applied to EGSC, however a $15 testing fee is required for each additional attempt.
- Students can take the placement exam a maximum of three times.
- See “Remote Placement Testing” to take the placement exam at another institution.
Any retest must be completed before you attend the first day of class. Retesting is not allowed after classes begin.
You can prepare for the ACCUPLACER exam by taking advantage of the study tools and resources. Please use these tools to become familiar with the types and format of ACCUPLACER test questions. They can also help you identify the academic areas where you may need a little help, and prepare to improve.
No, the Accuplacer is not required for admissions but it IS used for Academic Placement. Our testing guidelines allow us to place more emphasis on the evaluation of an applicant’s high school grade point average and the courses they complete to determine academic placement.
- Students with a recalculated GPA of 2.8 or higher are exempt from learning support courses
- Students with a recalculated GPA of 2.5 – 2.7 will be placed into co-requisite math courses unless they submit test scores that indicate they are college-ready
- Students with a recalculated GPA of <2.5 will be placed into co-requisite English and math courses unless they submit test scores that indicate they are college-ready
- Minimum test scores are recommended for non-traditional students, students submitting GED scores, and freshmen with recalculated high school GPAs below 2.5
- STEM majors are strongly encouraged to test if they do not provide SAT/ACT scores
Minimum scores for collegiate placement/exemption are SAT (480 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing/440 Math), ACT (17 English and 17 Math) or ACCUPLACER (258 Next-Gen QRAS Math/237 Next-Gen Reading/4-8 Writeplacer).
High School GPA
|≥ 2.8||NO||Collegiate Level Coursework|
|2.5 – 2.79||YES||
Co-Requisite Coursework for Math
Co-Requisite Coursework for English and Math
Testing RECOMMENDED for course placement determination
East Georgia recalculates GPA based on the Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) course units. No other high school courses are included in the recalculated GPA.
|English||4||Any 4 English/Language Arts|
Algebra I/Coordinate Algebra, Geometry/Analytic Geometry, Algebra
II/Advanced Algebra, and a 4th unit of advanced math
|Natural Science||4||1 Physical Science/Lab, 1 Biology/Lab, 1 Chemistry/Lab or earth science, & 1 Science Elective|
|Social Science||4||1 U.S. History, 1 World History & 1 Social Science Elective|
|Foreign Language||2||Both units must be the same language. American Sign Language is acceptable.|
There are three options for testing: 1) Testing On-Campus; 2) Testing at another institution with a remote voucher; 3) Testing Virtually with Examity.