If you cannot come to one of our campus locations to test, there are two options for taking your placement test remotely:
Option A) If you have access to:
- Desktop computer, laptop, or Chromebook. (Tablets and cell phones do not meet the requirement)
- A working built-in or external webcam and microphone
- Internet speed at least 2 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload (Hotspots are not recommended)
You may take your placement test virtually. After receipt of your remote test request, EGSC will generate a voucher within the Accuplacer system (Please allow 24 to 48 hours processing time. Do not send multiple requests). You will receive an email from Accuplacer indicating your voucher number, valid voucher date range, fee information, and appointment scheduling instructions from the authorized Accuplacer testing vendor.
If you want to take the test remotely online through Examity, simply fill out this request form and Admissions will create an Accuplacer voucher for you. The voucher code and instructions to sign up for the test will be emailed to you. (Check your inbox and junk mail folder). Problems making an appointment with Examity or with the actual proctoring session should be directed to Examity’s support.
- Option B) If you are outside the EGSC service area and would like to test in a proctored environment. Keep in mind that some sites have limited seating and are not providing remote testing at this time. Failure to provide the name of a participating center on your form will delay receipt of your voucher. Once we receive your remote test request, EGSC will generate a voucher within the Accuplacer system (Please allow 24 to 48 hours processing time. Do not send multiple requests). You will receive an email from Accuplacer indicating your voucher number, valid voucher date range, fee information, and appointment scheduling instructions. Proctoring fees and testing hours vary based on location.
Please be aware that each institution charges a proctoring fee for this service which the student will be responsible for. Results will be downloaded 24-48 hours after testing has been completed. If you would like to set up a remote test, visit the test center locator. then fill out the remote request form. We cannot provide a voucher for a non-participating institution. If you are testing out of the State of Georgia, your test site will be selected based on proximity to your address. *Only students who have applied to EGSC are eligible for remote testing.
EGSC will be notified by email upon completion of your test. Please allow up to 3 days after testing for score to be loaded into the system and a decision (if any) can be made.
- Please note that the remote testing site may not print your score for you and we cannot release exam scores through email or by phone.