The CatCard is the official identification card for East Georgia State College and all campus locations. All students, faculty, and staff are required to carry their CatCard. Please read all of the following instructions before submitting your photo. If a suitable photo is successfully submitted in a timely manner, your CatCard will be processed for production!
What Will I Use My CatCard For?
YourCatCard is much more than your ID. It will provide you with easy access to campus housing, libraries, Statesboro shuttle, Bobcat Bucks, meal plans, printing and much more!
Bobcat Bucks, a prepaid, stored-value account, is part of your CatCard and is the convenient, cashless way to pay on campus. Use it for whatever you need, whenever you need it! You can make online deposits, check your meal plan and debit balances, and even check your transaction history online!
The CatCard is NOT a credit card! You can only spend whatever funds you have deposited on the card, a bit like your bank debit card. Once the funds are spent you will need to deposit more money to continue making purchases. Learn all about Bobct Bucks at ega.edu/help/details/what-are-bobcat-bucks.
Picking the Right Photo...
Your photo is a vital part of your Photo Submission process. We want the best YOU displayed on your CatCard, so stay within the image guidelines listed below. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your photo, please contact the office during normal business hours.
All photo submissions status notifications will be delivered to your myEGSC catmail account (Approvals, Rejections, etc.). For the record, CatCard follows U.S. Passport image guidelines as outlined by the United States Department of State. You can visit their website for further information.
The Image MUST:
- Be in color
- Clearly identify YOU from head to shoulders
- Have no noticeable reflections or glares, especially from glasses
- Have a solid background
- Have normal contrast and lighting
- No graduation caps, gowns or costumes are allowed
- Not include shadows over your face.
Not be copyrighted or watermarked
- Be the only person in your photo
- Face forward, looking directly into the camera (no side profiles or “looking up” photos)
- Have no red eye
- Have nothing touching your face such as hands, props or other distractions
- Not make any gestures or inappropriate facial expressions
- Not wear a hat or sunglasses
- Not wear jewelry or garments that obstruct the view of your face
- Not use social media filters, text, emojis, stickers, etc
- Not include headphones, earbuds, or wireless hands-free devices
If you are a staff or faculty member obtaining an ID for the first time, please contact Human Resources. If you need to update or if you have lost your ID Card, please visit the Business Office at the Swainsboro campus, the front desk at the Statesboro campus, or the JagCard Office at Augusta University.
Submit a Photo
To submit a photo, first make sure you have activated your myEGSC account, then log into the secure site to submit your ID photo. Please follow the photo instructions listed above. Students can pick up their ID at their campus location.
Your initial CatCard is free-of-charge; a $20.00 fee will be charged for all replacements.