Welcome to East Georgia State College! Incoming first-year and transfer students that are participating in an Orientation session can upload their own picture for their ID Card! Students are no longer permitted to take their photo for their ID at Orientation and are required to submit a photo online prior to their Orientation session.
Note: Students attending the Augusta campus will not upload a photo as they will obtain a JagCard from Augusta University after the first day of class.
ID Card Photo Requirements
Please upload your photo at least 72 hours prior to attending your scheduled Orientation. All photo submissions status notifications will be delivered to your "EGA.EDU" catmail account (Approvals, Rejections, etc.). If your photo is rejected or not received in time, you will not receive an ID at Orientation and must wait until the first day of classes for pickup. Before you submit your photo, please read the information provided below:
- Do not scan your driver's license or school ID photo. The scanned image will not be of high enough quality to meet the system's requirements for an acceptable photo.
- Do not submit a photo of a photo; just take a photo of yourself.
- Be sure to hold the camera or mobile device very still.
- Try turning on a soft overhead light or taking your photo outside in bright light, but avoid having the sun at your back.
- Try standing a few feet in front of a plain wall or other solid color that contrasts with your hair and clothing.
- Try not to use the camera flash. If you must use flash, take the photo from at least three feet away, and use the camera zoom as needed to center only your face and shoulders within the photo frame
If you are a staff or faculty member obtaining an ID for the first time, please contact Human Resources. If you've lost or need to update your ID Card, please visit the Business Office at the Swainsboro campus, the front desk at the Statesboro campus, or Payne Hall at the Augusta Campus.
Submit a Photo
To submit a photo, first make sure you have activated your myEGSC account, then log into the secure site to submit your ID photo. Please follow the photo instructions listed above. New students will receive their CatCard at orientation. If you have questions about picking up your ID Card, please contact us at 478-289-2169 or via email at email@example.com.
Your initial CatCard is free-of-charge; a $20.00 fee will be charged for all replacements.
If you have further question, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 478-289-2129.