Deadline: To Be Announced
The Correll Scholars Program was established in 2014 and began Fall semester 2015 to recognize and prepare exceptionally promising students as future community leaders in our region.
- Awards are $5,000 per student, renewable annually, for a maximum of four years. Twenty scholarships will be awarded each year.
- Students must attend East Georgia State College’s Swainsboro campus.
- Correll Scholars who meet eligibility requirements and continue their studies as a junior or senior in a baccalaureate degree program at EGSC will be given first consideration for subsequent year awards.
- Students must attain qualifying enrollment status to receive subsequent year funding: “sophomore” for year two, “junior” for year three, and “senior” for year four.
The Application process is designed to identify students who demonstrate the talent, motivation, and potential to transform themselves and their community.
- Completion of the Correll Scholars Program Application - Application currently closed. Please check back soon!
- Submission of an essay, “How will you use your education to transform your community?” (1000 word maximum) ( included in online submission)
Before an applicant is able to accept the scholarship they must apply and be accepted to EGSC. Follow the link below:
- Completion of EGSC Admissions Application (Automatic Non-Resident Waiver) and college acceptance
Members of the Correll Scholars Program Selection Committee will review all completed applications and essays. A list of finalists will be selected and invited for personal interviews by the committee. Final selection of Correll Scholars will be based upon committee approval. Notification of recipients will be made by the middle of December for Scholars entering the following Fall Semester..
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Complete at least 26 credit hours in freshman year to maintain eligibility for sophomore year.
- Participate in a one hour credit course each semester that focuses on issues and challenges facing our region and work collaboratively to design solutions for those challenges.
- Actively participate in tutoring and mentoring of local high school students at the Fulford Center.
- Attain the Service Seal of Distinction.
- Correll Scholars Overview (PDF)
- Correll Scholars Year in Review Report 2018-19
- Correll Scholars Year in Review Report 2017-18
- Correll Scholars Year in Review Report 2016-17
- Correll Scholars Year in Review Report 2015-16