East Georgia State College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates, associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Georgia State College.
Please note: Normal inquiries about East Georgia State College, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to the college and not to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) Office.
Accreditation by SACSCOC signifies that the institution:
• Has a mission appropriate to higher education
• Has resources, programs, and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain that mission
• Maintains clearly specified educational objectives that are consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees it offers, and
• Is successful in achieving its stated objectives
Among other benefits, SACSCOC accreditation enables East Georgia State College to maintain eligibility for student financial aid through the U.S. Department of Education.
The Director of Strategic Planning and Institutional Research serves as the institution’s Accreditation Liaison to the SACSCOC and oversees the decennial reaffirmation of accreditation, the Fifth-Year Review, substantive changes, and any special requests from the SACSCOC.
- EGSC Degree List with CIP Codes
- EGSC Substantive Change Notification Policy
- EGSC Substantive Change Report Forms
- SACSCOC Substantive Change Policy
- SACSCOC Substantives Change Cover Sheet
- SACSCOC Substantive Change Prospectus Guidelines
- SACSCOC Substantive Change Resources