Financial Aid and Tuition/Fee Refund Disbursements
East Georgia State College and BankMobile Disbursements, formerly known as HigherOne, have formed a partnership to handle financial aid refunds. In any given semester, the office of Business Affairs will begin disbursing refunds after the third week of classes. Subsequent disbursement of Financial Aid Refunds will continue each Thursday. The financial aid disbursement date in Banner is not the date refunds are released to BankMobile Vibe accounts. Please allow up to 14 business days to receive your disbursement. If you are receiving a loan, the lender’s disbursement date is not the date refunds are released to BankMobile Vibe account. Learn more about BankMobile Disbursements.
How will I receive my Refund Selection Kit?
After you have completed your registration, a file will be sent from us to BankMobile Vibe. A refund selection kit will be mailed to the student’s primary address in Banner. Please select your refund preference immediately after receiving your selection kit. Follow these three simple step to set up your refund preferences:
- Visit RefundSelection.com
- Enter your Personal Code
- Select the option that best fits you
You have several choices in receiving your refund:
- ELECTRONIC DEPOSIT TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT - You can link your refunds to your personal account, checking or savings, and it takes 2-3 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
- ELECTRONIC DEPOSIT TO A BANKMOBILE VIBE ACCOUNT - If you open a BankMobile Vibe account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from us. (Note: a card will be mailed to the student in approximately 5-7 business days)
- PAPER CHECK DELIVERED BY USPS - A check is mailed the same business day BankMobile receives funds from us, provided receipt is within daily cutoff times. Typically, it takes 5 – 7 business days for the check to arrive, depending on USPS First-Class.
When initiating your BankMobile Vibe Account, it will prompt you for a passcode…this is an 8 digit code made of your 2 digit birth month, 2 digit birth day followed by the last 4 digits of your Student ID number. For example: A student who was born on 06/10/1992 with a Student ID of 930012345 their activation code would be 06102345.
Funds are sent from EGSC to BankMobile Vibe, who then disburses them according to your preference. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Shelia Mosley, BankMobile Vibe Advisor, at (478) 289-2365 or Business Affairs at (478) 289-2186.
Why do I need to choose a refund preference with BankMobile Vibe if I am not receiving Financial Aid?
All student refunds are sent to BankMobile Vibe for disbursement. It's important for students to pay attention to their Banner Web Accounts due to changes in Account Summary. Below are examples of situations that may result in a Refund and the Banner Codes which signifies a student is due a refund.
- Student pays for classes out-of-pocket and then withdraws before the drop class deadline (REFN)
- Student over pays for tuition and fees (OVPY)
- Student received Financial Aid, and after tuition and fees are paid, there is money left for student (FARB)