To be efficient is to do things the right way. To be effective is to do the right things.
We empower every employee as a service excellence champion to do the right things, the right way, for the right reasons.
Our Service Excellence Vision
East Georgia State College employees are empowered to provide the highest possible level of service to one another and to all students, visitors, and the communities we serve in an efficient, supportive and professional manner.
East Georgia State College has always strived to provide excellent services in a personalized, friendly and efficient manner. An intentional focus on Service Excellence fulfills our desire and commitment to provide an even higher level of assistance while accomplishing the mission of East Georgia State College and its critical role in educating and preparing students for a college degree.
Our faculty and staff are amazing at what they do in their respective positions and support this opportunity to further engage in successful, enduring service to the students and communities we serve. With strong leadership support and committed staff, our service focus began in 2005, a year before the State's initiative, as a means to build on the college's legacy of "Education with a Personal Touch" and strengthen our service accountability. Providing a service-oriented approach in everything we do endures even stronger today.
"As Service Excellence Ambassador for East Georgia State College, it is an honor to lead our institution in the development, implementation and demonstration of how a deliberate service approach continuously improves our processes and services. We gladly welcome input and ideas as we sustain this continuous process of creating faster, friendlier, easier methods to carry out our mission of creating a more educated Georgia."
-Norma Kennedy, Service Excellence Ambassador
Awards and Recognition
Criteria: Full-time faculty and staff will be recognized for service milestones beginning at the employee's five (5) year anniversary at EGSC and continuing at 5 year intervals. Service with other state agencies or USG institutions does not qualify. Faculty appointments of at least ten months count as one year of service. The measurement period for faculty will be length of service as of May 30th (end of regular contract period), and for staff the measurement period will be length of service as of July 31.
Distinguished Faculty Awards Selection Criteria
STAR Staff Awards Selection Criteria
- Photographs from the 2021 Swainsboro Campus Recognition Event - COMING SOON!
- Photographs from the 2021 Statesboro Campus Recognition Event - COMING SOON!
- Photographs from the 2019 Recognition Event - All Campuses
- Photographs from the 2018 Recognition Event - All Campuses
- Photographs from the 2017 Recognition Event - All Campuses
- Photographs from the 2016 Recognition Event - All Campuses
- Photographs from the 2015 Swainsboro Campus Recognition Event
- Photographs from the 2015 Statesboro Campus Recognition Event
- Photographs from the 2014 Swainsboro Campus Recognition Event
- Photographs from the 2014 Statesboro Campus Recognition Event
- Photographs from the 2014 Augusta Campus Recognition Event
- Photographs from the 2013 Recognition Breakfast in Swainsboro
- Photographs from the 2013 Recognition Breakfast in Statesboro
11/1/17 Staff Workshop, Presented by Dr. Deborah Vess, VP for Academic Affairs: Team Work for Student Success