Wireless Internet access is available on the East Georgia State College campuses. The service is available to students, faculty and staff. Access to the wireless Internet is free and available throughout the campus(es). The wireless Internet network was funded in part by the EGSC Student Technology Fee.
NOTE: It is the responsibility of users who connect to the EGSC wireless network to ensure that the necessary critical updates and anti-virus software are installed and current on their Wi-Fi enabled device(s).
What Is Needed To Connect to the Campus Wireless Network
- a Wi-Fi enable device (802.11b/g/n)
- the network security key (provided in your EGSC email)
- your myEGSC username and password
Steps To Connect (or download the PDF)
- Left Click on the icon in your system tray. The system tray is located in the area by your computer's time display.
Left Click “EGSC-Swainsboro” or “EGSC-Statesboro” and select “Connect”.
Type in the network security key that is provided in EGSC campus email.
- Open your web browser (if the welcome screen below does not appear please try browsing to a website such as ega.edu).
Click the “Please click here to connect to the network” link on the screen that appears to connect to the wireless network.
Type the username and password. (This will be the same as your myEGSC account)
Once the credentials have been accepted, left click the check box (shown below) to agree to Acceptable Use Policy and click “Complete Registration”.
The network will perform a network registration scan.
- Once the registration scan is complete you will be forwarded to the ega.edu website.