Title IX at East Georgia State College
The safety of students, faculty and staff is a top priority at East Georgia State College, and we are committed to providing a learning, working and living environment that promotes personal integrity, civility and mutual respect. Every member of the EGSC community has an obligation to stay informed about Title IX in order to recognize and take steps to prevent discrimination, harassment, and sexual misconduct, and to respond effectively if such behavior does occur. All Title IX complaints, as well as complaints under the Non-Discrimination and Harassment Policy, are managed by the Title IX Coordinator.
The Title IX Office is located on the Swainsboro campus in the Jean A. Morgan Student Activities Center in Room B168. Robert Jones, Title IX Coordinator, is available to assist with any Title IX concerns or discrimination and/or harassment concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact him by phone at 478-289-2015 or via email at email@example.com.
Reports can be filed with the Title IX coordinator via the following methods:
- In writing
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone at 478-289-2015
- By letter addressed to Robert Jones, Title IX Coordinator, 131 College Circle Swainsboro, GA 30401
- By fax to 478-289-2136
- In person at the Title IX Office B168
- Or online reporting through:
Investigators assigned to Title IX, discrimination or harassment cases are employees with advanced training in such matters. The current Title IX investigators are:
- Sue Bragg, Instructor, Social Sciences
- Stacey Grant, Director of Student Life
- Deborah Kittrell-Mikell, Director of Academic Support Services
- Joy Strickland, ACE Tutoring Coordinator
- Angela Stork, Director of Housing
- Jessica Todd, Associate Professor of English and Spanish
- Beverley Walker, Director of Fire and Emergency Services Administration Program
Title IX Protects You
• What is Title IX? Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is a broad federal law prohibiting gender-based discrimination in educational institutions receiving federal funds. It prohibits gender-based discrimination in all college programs and activities, including admissions, athletics, employment, housing, financial aid, recruitment, clubs and organizations.
• Title IX protection from discrimination extends to faculty, staff and students. It includes such things as: sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, gender-identity and pregnancy. It also prohibits retaliation against anyone who makes or participates in a complaint.
• The following link provides information about EGSC’s Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment policy. Through our policies, procedures, and practices, the college will facilitate prompt, thorough, and fair investigations and adjudication of complaints of gender-based and sexual misconduct.
EGSC's Non-discrimination and Anti-harassment Policy
From launching sexual assault awareness campaigns and anti-violence initiatives to implementing non-discrimination policies and wellness programs, East Georgia State College will continue to actively support and protect the campus community’s overall well-being. Everyone’s help is vital to these efforts and greatly appreciated.
Any inquiries about the application of Title IX or to make a report should be directed to the following:
Robert Jones, East Georgia State College Title IX Coordinator
131 College Circle
Swainsboro, GA 30401
Assistant Secretary in the Department of Education Office for Civil Rights
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-1100
FAX: 202-453-6012; TDD: 1-800-877-8339
- Wednesday, August 12th (via Microsoft Teams)- Title IX Coordinator Training
- Friday, August 14th (via Microsoft Teams)- Returning Title IX Investigator Training
- Monday, August 17th (via Microsoft Teams)- Hearing Officer Training (Student Conduct)
- Wednesday, August 19th (via Microsoft Teams)-Returning Hearing Panelist Training
- Friday, August 21st (via Microsoft Teams)-Hearing Officer/Administrator Training (Employee)
- Tuesday, August 25th (via Microsoft Teams)- Appellate Officer Refresher Training
- Wednesday, August 26th or Thursday, August 27th (via Microsoft Teams) - Title IX Advisor Training
- Appellate Decision Makers Refresher Training Fall 2020
- Hearing Officer Training Employee Sexual Misconduct Fall 2020
- Hearing Officer Training Student Sexual Misconduct Fall 2020
- Hearing Panelist Refresher Training Fall 2020
- Returning Title IX Investigator Training Fall 2020
- Title IX Advisor Training Fall 2020
- Title IX Coordinator Training Fall 2020