Wait-list: What can I expect?
East Georgia State College Swainsboro campus' housing can accommodate 433 students maximum. Each year our housing applications exceed this number of available room spaces. This includes our 21 new "over flow" room spaces. At that point, we enter a wait-list status for new applicants.
Students who choose to start and/or complete a housing application after the initiation of the wait-list are in a holding pattern pending room space availability. Inevitably we will lose some students prior to move in and more spaces will become available to accommodate some of our wait-listed students. It is impossible to predict how many spaces will open up, but we will send notifications via email when we are able to place students from the wait-list into a room. Carefully read the bullets below to gain further understanding of this process.
If you are on the waitlist, you need to know:
- There is no guarantee that a room will open up for you to occupy for the coming term. Begin thinking about a possible backup plan such as taking online courses for fall and moving on campus for spring, deferring your enrollment to spring and beginning at that time when more housing will be available, or transfer to our Statesboro or Augusta campuses where there are more off-campus housing options that specifically target college students.
- The $100 application fee is non-refundable, but it can be used to defer enrollment to the spring term if a room is not available for fall.
- Students who are placed on the waitlist will receive a weekly email update each Friday beginning July 12 advising them of their place on the waitlist. If you don't see yourself moving up the list as we approach August, you may want to consider your alternative plans.
- When we get to move-in weekend, we will find out quickly who we can move in and who we cannot. There will be a lot of movement on the wait-list during that time up through the first day of classes. We will call you during that time period (August 17-19) if a room space becomes available. Be prepared to move quickly.
If you don't already have a back up plan in place and want to stay in a good position on the wait list, prepare as if you already have a room assignment. Make sure you are registered for 12 credit hours, your financial aid is in place, and you are ready to roll. When we get ot move-in weekend, I will skip over students in the waitlist who are not prepared. Students who ARE prepared will get priority.
Bobcat Villas West
5-Bedroom, 2 Bath Unit
Traditional 4-Bedroom, 2-Bath Unit
- Occupancy: 233 residents
- Style: 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom apartments (Even Numbered Apartments); 5-bedroom, 2-bathroom apartments (Odd Numbered Apartments)
- Amenities, included in price: Basic furnishings (extra-long twin bed, desk, chair, bedside stand, dresser), refrigerator with icemaker, stove, microwave, wireless internet throughout the building, basic cable television upon request, all utilities, ceiling fans in each bedroom, carpeted living rooms and bedrooms, tiled kitchen and bathroom, computer labs, and complementary laundry room inside complex, mail service, 24/7 security, and live-in management.
- Security: Direct link to on-campus police department (Public Safety), state-of-the-art camera surveillance, access-card entry to complex and apartment, individual key entry to bedroom
Bobcat Villas South
Traditional 4-Bedroom, 2-Bath Units
- Occupancy: 200 residents
- Style: 4-bedroom, 2-bathroom apartments
- Amenities, included in price: Basic furnishings (extra-long twin bed with under bed drawer storage, desk, chair), living room seating and TV stand, refrigerator with icemaker, stove, microwave, dishwasher, pantry, wireless internet throughout the building, basic cable television service upon request, all utilities, ceiling fans in living room and each bedroom, floor tile throughout, computer lab and complementary laundry room inside complex, mail service, 24/7 security, live-in management.
- Security: Direct link to on-campus police department (Public Safety), state-of-the-art camera surveillance, access-card entry to complex and apartment, individual key entry to bedroom.
Students must only select the time period during which they plan to be enrolled in courses. Students CANNOT live in campus housing without taking classes. Students must move to our dedicated summer housing space in Bobcat Villas West. *Rates are subject to change and pending Board of Regents approval.
- Maymester (May 13-29, 2019): $415
- Summer I (May 31 - July 26, 2019): $1,250
- Summer II (May 31 - June 27, 2019): $650
- Summer III (June 28 - July 26, 2019): $650
- Full Summer (May 13 - July 26, 2019): $1,500
Academic Year 2019-2020 (per semester rate)*
*Rates are subject to change and pending Board of Regents approval.
- Bobcat Villas South or West: 4-bedroom $3,180
- Bobcat Villas West: 5-bedroom standard $3,120
Bobcat Villas West: 5-bedroom overflow $3,080
Meal Plan Rates
A minimum meal plan is mandatory for all students who choose to live on campus. Lunch will be served Monday - Friday, dinner will be served Monday - Thursday and residents will have flex dollars that they can use in the cafeteria, Café and coffee shop at any time throughout the semester. If a student does not select the more expensive meal plan, the less expensive meal plan will be automatically assigned.
Summer 2019 Rates (Summer Meal Plans are Optional)*
Students attending during any point of the Summer 2018 terms will have the option of 4 different declining balance meal plans. Students are essentially purchasing debit funds that can be used at available summer eateries on campus. These funds are non-taxable which helps students save money vs off campus dining options.
- 150 Flex Plan $150
- 250 Flex Plan $250
- 350 Flex Plan $350
- 500 Flex Plan $500
Academic Year 2019-2020 (per semester rate)*
*Price is subject to change and pending board of regents approval.
**Minimum required meal plan for all residential students.
|Housing Flex 200 Plan**||Housing Flex 350 Plan||Housing Flex 500 Plan*|
|Meals Per Semester 142||Meals Per Semester 142||Meals Per Semester 142|
|Flex Funds Provided 200||Flex Funds Provided 350||Flex Funds Provided 500|
|Total Meal Plan Price $1,272||Total Meal Plan Price $1,422||Total Meal Plan Price $1,572*|
Nelnet Payment Plan Information
Need help paying for your cost of attendance at East Georgia State College? Visit our Nelnet Payment plan page to learn more about this helpful, pre-payment plan. It can vastly help with splitting up the cost of attendance by providing the ability to pay over time rather than paying all in one lump sum. Visit the Nelnet Monthly Payment Plan Link for more information.
Contact and Location Information
Housing & Residence Life Office
Jean and LC Strange Clubhouse
131 College Circle
Swainsboro, GA 30401