The Office of Housing and Residence Life creates a safe living environment which promotes holistic learning and personal growth among residents. This environment fosters independent thinking and accountable personal-decision making. Through our programs and services, we challenge students to be engaged, community-minded and academically successful.
Housing Core Values
- Provide residents with the support and resources to foster personal and academic success.
- Ensure that students are civically aware and engaged by providing opportunities for involvement with East Georgia State College and the greater Swainsboro community.
- Encourage students to understand, appreciate, and promote awareness of diverging views, opinions and differing backgrounds through intentional programs and educational conversations.
- Promote an ethic of team work that connects our department with others in support of the mission of East Georgia State College.
- Collaborate strategically and closely with the College Police Department, Corvias, IT Services, and Plant Operations to ensure that student residences are safe, secure and well maintained.
- 90% of new residential students will report that they agree or strongly agree that housing met or exceeded their expectations prior to move-in.
- 90% of residential students will report that their resident assistant contributed to their overall student success.
- 90% of residential students will indicate that they agree or strongly agree that housing made them aware of, and connected them with, resources on campus that contributed to their overall success.
- Reduce housing cancellations for reasons of student dissatisfaction from Fall 2018 to Spring 2019 by 50%.
- Students who participate as resident assistants for an entire year, or members of the residence hall association, will retain at higher rates than non-participants.
Housing Administrative Staff
Housing Support Staff
Housing Student Staff Resident Assistants
Fall 2019 Student Staff Coming Soon!
Work for Housing as a Student Employee
We continue to accept applications until all positions are filled: Apply Here!
Once a student has lived in campus housing for 1 semester, they are then eligible to apply for Resident Assistant (RA) positions within Bobcat Villas West and South. Resident Assistants are exactly as the term implies--they are student assistants who live and work within the residence halls in support of fellow residential students.
Resident Assistants Function at the Highest Level in the Areas of:
- Role modeling and leadership
- Resource assistance and referral
- Student and community development
- Safety and security awareness
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Customer service activities
Typical duties include:
- Working at the student reception desks in Bobcat Villas South or West.
- Attending regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Conducting administrative duties as assigned, including but not limited to, occupancy checks and health and safety inspections.
- Creating and implementing programming and social activities for residential students.
- Providing a listening ear for fellow residents.
- Connecting residential students with campus resources to help them be successful.
- Participating as a part-time peer tutor as part of the Smarty Cats tutoring program.
Minimum Requirements for application consideration:
- Residency in on-campus housing for at least one full semester.
- Enrolled as a full-time, on-campus EGSC student (12+ credit hours) during period of employment.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the start of and during the term of employment.
- Be in "Good Standing" academically with the college.
- Ability to balance academic, employment, personal and co-curricular commitments.
- Successful completion of the interview process (includes individual interview and group interview).
Contact and Location Information
Housing & Residence Life Office
Jean and LC Strange Clubhouse
131 College Circle
Swainsboro, GA 30401