NOW HIRING RESIDENT ASSISTANTS
ACADEMIC YEAR 21-22
SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM TO LEARN MORE!
The Office of Housing and Residence Life creates a safe living environment which promotes holistic learning and personal growth among residents. This environment fosters independent thinking and accountable personal-decision making. Through our programs and services, we challenge students to be engaged, community-minded and academically successful.
Housing Core Values
- Provide residents with the support and resources to foster personal and academic success.
- Ensure that students are civically aware and engaged by providing opportunities for involvement with East Georgia State College and the greater Swainsboro community.
- Encourage students to understand, appreciate, and promote awareness of diverging views, opinions and differing backgrounds through intentional programs and educational conversations.
- Promote an ethic of team work that connects our department with others in support of the mission of East Georgia State College.
- Collaborate strategically and closely with the College Police Department, Corvias, IT Services, and Plant Operations to ensure that student residences are safe, secure and well maintained.
- 90% of new residential students will report that they agree or strongly agree that housing met or exceeded their expectations prior to move-in.
- 90% of residential students will report that housing staff members contributed to their overall student success.
- 90% of residential students will indicate that they agree or strongly agree that housing made them aware of, and connected them with, resources on campus.
- Continue a 0% cancellation rate for reasons of student dissatisfaction, and reduce overall cancellations for non-hardship reasons by 50%.
- Students who participate as resident assistants for an entire year and/or as members of the residence hall association will retain at higher rates than non-participants.
Housing Administrative Staff
Housing Support Staff
Housing Student Staff Resident Assistants
Fall 2021 Student Staff
At this time we are in the hiring process for more Resident Assistants. At full staff, we have 8 resident assistants. This will be updated once Fall hiring decisions for new RAs is finalized.
Resident Assistants Function at the Highest Level in the Areas of:
- Role modeling and leadership
- Resource assistance and referral
- Student and community development
- Safety and security awareness
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Customer service activities
Typical duties include:
- Working at the student reception desks in Bobcat Villas South or West.
- Attending regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Conducting administrative duties as assigned, including but not limited to, occupancy checks and health and safety inspections.
- Creating and implementing programming and social activities for residential students.
- Providing a listening ear for fellow residents.
- Connecting residential students with campus resources to help them be successful.
- Conducting duty rounds and responding during crisis situations.
- Assisting with Lock Outs.
- Reporting information to supervisors, especially when the health or safety of a resident is at risk.
Minimum Requirements for application consideration:
- Enrolled as a full-time, on-campus EGSC student (12+ credit hours) during period of employment.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the start of and during the term of employment.
- Be in "Good Standing" academically with the college.
- Must not have a conduct record with the Office of Student Conduct.
- Ability to balance academic, employment, personal and co-curricular commitments.
- Successful completion of the interview process (Interviews will begin the week of April 26, 2021 and will continue until all positions are filled)
RA Informational Video - Academic Year 21-22
For best results, open the job application in Google Chrome.
Applications are still being accepted. Apply today!
Contact and Location Information
Housing & Residence Life Office
Bobcat Villas South
131 College Circle
Swainsboro, GA 30401