Academic Year 21-22 Housing is Available!
Information for All Housing Applicants
While the College will make every effort to provide a room assignment, housing is not guaranteed. We encourage students to apply for housing as soon as they are accepted to East Georgia, and to complete the requirements listed below.
- Step 1: Log in to complete the online housing application. You can reach the housing application by visiting myEGSC and selecting "housing application" from the Apps menu.
- Step 2: Submit your $100 non-refundable housing application fee. Credit and Debit card payments are accepted inside the housing application. (Students must re-apply for housing every year, and this fee is required yearly. The academic year restarts every fall and includes the subsequent spring and summer terms.) If you do not want to, or cannot pay by credit or debit card, cash and check payments will continue to be accepted at the EGSC Business Office. If you choose this method, it may slow the processing of your application. Your payment will need to be verified by housing before you will be able to continue with the online application. You will receive an automated email once your fee has been verified as received with instructions on what to do next.
- Step 3: Digitally sign the online housing agreement (aka contract) by going back into the online housing application and finishing the remainder of the application pages. Your application is not complete until you have finished ALL of the online application pages.
- Step 4: Complete and submit the Criminal Background Investigation Request Form. A link to this online form is located on the "application status" page of the online housing application. Make sure you click the link for the CBI on the application status page at the end of the online housing application. The background check must be completed every year. Note that the CBI will continue to give "incomplete status" for your application until the housing office has manually processed and completed your background check. This may take up to a week to complete. There is no need to submit the CBI form more than once. If you do not receive a CBI completion email within 1 week of submitting it, please call housing for a status update.
New Housing Applicant Information
It is common as a new student to have a million questions about the housing process. It is a big step! Please utilize some of the important application information below in gauging when to apply for housing.
- Beginning Fall 2020, all new students (with the exception of signed student athletes) will be assigned to our First-Year Living-Learning Community in Bobcat Villas South.
- You will not be assigned a room space until you have completed the housing application, paid the non-refundable application fee, you have digitally signed the housing agreement, and your criminal background check is approved. You should expect to receive their room assignment the first week of July (or after you complete the application, whichever comes last).
- Your housing assignment priority will be determined by your "complete date." This is the date we have confirmation that you paid your fee and signed your online housing agreement.
- Admitted students should log in to their myEGSC Portal. Select the "housing application" link on the left side of the screen in the "Launchpad" section and follow the instructions for completing the housing application.
Returning Student Housing Applicant Information
As a returning resident, you should be an old pro when it comes to signing up for housing. Just in case you need a refresher, I've listed a few tips below that will help you successfully navigate the re-application process for next academic year.
- All returning students will be assigned to Bobcat Villas West as space permits. We will overflow into Bobcat Villas South for late applicants.
- Priority room selection will begin for all returning students with completed housing applications on or after March 26, 2021.
- The $100 application fee is a fee that must be paid once per academic year. The academic year officially begins in Fall term of each year.
- Priority room selection for returning students ends on May 31 each year. Returning students who complete their housing application after June 1 will be assigned a housing space the same time as the new students.
Contact and Location Information
Housing & Residence Life Office
Bobcat Villas South
131 College Circle
Swainsboro, GA 30401