Our system of academic warning, probation, and dismissal is designed to inform students if their academic performance is unsatisfactory. Below is the following progression:
- After attempting 1-17 semester credit hours, a student's cumulative GPA falls below 2.0, the student is placed on Academic Warning.
- After attempting more than seventeen credit hours, the student's cumulative GPA falls below 2.0, the student is placed on Academic Probation.
- The student must then make at least a 2.0 term GPA during the next and any subsequent semester until the cumulative GPA is 2.0 or more, or the student will be placed on Academic Exclusion for one semester.
- Upon returning, the student's readmission status is Continued Probation until the student achieves a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater. Failure to earn a term 2.0 GPA in any semester while on Continued Probation will result in the student being placed on Academic Exclusion for one year.
- A student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to remain on Good Standing with the College.
EGSC will not accept transfer credit from another institution while a student is on any exclusionary academic standing from East Georgia State College.