How soon after the term will I get my grades?
- Grades will be posted to a student’s bannerweb account after end of term grade processing, typically, no later than three (3) Business days after the last day of final exams.
- Students are responsible for accessing their bannerweb account to view their grades at that time and to challenge/appeal them if they do not agree with a grade they received for a course.
- Grades are not mailed to the student’s residence.
Can I call the Office of the Registrar and ask for my grades by phone?
- Grades are not released over the phone for security and confidentiality reasons.
- Students may request a copy of their Academic transcript to veiw their grades.
How will I know if I am passing my classes during the semester?
- Communicate with your instructor(s) about your progress.
- Check your catsmail daily for notifications from the academic department.
- Maintain a good academic standing by earning a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher each semester.
Who do I consult if I do not agree with the grade I received in a particular class?
- Students questioning a grade assigned to them in a particular class should contact the faculty instructor of the course in question.
- If the faculty instructor is unavailable, the student may contact the division office under which that class is taught.
- If students need further assistance, consult the current EGSC catalog for challenging grade procedures.
How do I remove an Incomplete (I) grade from my record?
To remove an incomplete grade the student must satisfy the instructor's remaining requirements. An Incomplete grade is expected to be satisfied by the end of the student’s next semester of enrollment. Without regard to enrollment, an ‘I’ must be removed within one calendar year. If the student does not complete their course requirements, the ‘I’ will convert to an ‘F’. Students Do not repeat a course for which they received an ‘I’.
How do I obtain myEGSC password?
If you don't know your myEGSC username or password, please visit the myEGSC help page.
How do I check my grades via BANNER web?
- Log into your myEGSC account
- Click on the bannerweb icon ⇒ select Student Services
- Click on Student Records ⇒ Information Menu ⇒ select Final Grades
What else will I be able to access on BANNER web?
Bannerweb is a student's view of theri academic record. Students will be able to view the following:
- Unofficial Transcript
- Personal information on file with EGSC (Update your information on the Change of Address/Name form)
- Institutional holds, if any, on your record –students are responsible to resolve fees or fines, missing documents prior to the next registration period.
How do I calculate my GPA?
The Grade Point Average (GPA) is calculated by:
- Multiplying the credits for each course by the grade points associated with the grade earned (see chart below).
- Totaling the points earned for all courses
- Dividing the total points by the number of credits will give you your grade point average.
All institutions of the University System of Georgia use a 4.0 grade-point average system.
|STATUS||LETTER GRADE||GRADE POINTS|
The following grades have been approved for use by East Georgia State College and are included in the determination of the grade-point average:
|The following symbols are approved for use in the cases indicated, but will not be included in the determination of grade-point average:|
|This symbol indicates that a student was doing satisfactory work, but for non-academic reasons beyond the students' control, was unable to meet the full requirements for completion of the course. An ‘I’ not removed the succeeding semester automatically convert to an F||I|
|This symbol indicates that a student's work is in progress. It is assigned when a student enrolled in a Learning Support course makes progress during the semester but fails to reach the competency required to complete the course. The student is to enroll in the course again the next semester.||IP|
|This symbol indicates that a student was given credit for the course via an approved credit by examination program (CLEP, AP, Proficiency, etc.)||K|
|Indicates that no grade has been reported for the course. The student should contact the course instructor immediately.||NR|
|S is for satisfactory and U is for unsatisfactory||S,U|
|This symbol indicates that a student was given permission to audit the course. Students may not transfer from audit to credit status or vice versa.||V|
|This symbol indicates that a student was permitted to withdraw without penalty. Withdrawals without penalty will not be permitted after the mid-point of the total grading period (including final examinations) except in cases of documented hardship as determined by the Vice President of Academic Affairs.||W|
|Indicates a student, already enlisted in the armed forces, received emergency mobilization orders and had to withdraw from all classes. Student who review a Military Withdrawal are withdrawn as of the first day of classes. A 100% refund is issued to the student or whoever paid the student’s tuition. The student will receive – WM grades for all courses that he/she registered for and all hours are counted as attempted on the student’s record.||WM|