Adopted by Academic Policies and Curriculum Committee 11/12/15
Adopted by Faculty Senate 12/11/15
Approved by President 4/1/16
Students enrolled in undergraduate degree programs leading to the baccalaureate degree are required to satisfy the requirements of the Regents’ Testing Program as outlined in Section 2.8.1 of the Academic Affairs Handbook of the University System of Georgia.
Students may exempt Regents’ Testing Program by one of the following methods:
- Completion of English 1101 and Engl 1102 with a grade of “C” or higher in both classes.
- College Board Advanced Placement (AP) English Language and Composition exemption score: 3
- International Baccalaureate (IB) higher-level English exemption score: 4
- SAT II English Writing exemption score: 650
- SAT Reasoning Test, Writing Section exemption score: 560
- SAT Reasoning Test, Writing Section exemption score: 500 and who also have at least a 510 on the SAT Reasoning Test, Critical Reading Section