Purpose and Functions
The purpose of the Distance Education and eLearning Committee is to coordinate peer evaluation of online courses as well as examine and promote best practices in learner-centered online pedagogy. Committee members will serve as an evaluation team for review of online courses using the ION (Illinois Online Network) rubric as the chosen instrument. The committee will also serve as a resource to the President in recommending policies and procedures necessary for the success of online courses and programs. Additionally, the committee will assist with marketing the college’s online education courses and programs, serve as a liaison to the eCore/eCampus initiative, and provide requested data related to online education for accreditation purposes.
- Chair, Director of eLearning;
- Four faculty representatives from the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, appointed by the Dean;
- Two faculty representatives from the School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, appointed by the Dean;
- One representative from the Faculty Senate;
- One representative from the Library;
- One representative from EGSC-Augusta; and
- One representative from IT.