Adopted by President’s Cabinet 12/19/17
Revisions Adopted by President’s Cabinet 5/14/21; 9/2/21
East Georgia State College reserves the right to modify existing policies to conform to prescribed health and safety guidelines and restrictions from the University System of Georgia. If this occurs, students will be notified by EGSC Housing staff through email, posted signs and/or other means of communication. Failure to comply with those restrictions may be documented and submitted to student conduct for follow up.
- A guest is defined as any person who is not assigned as the resident of a given apartment unit. This includes other residents of Bobcat Villas who are visiting a fellow resident.
- Guests must be 18 years of age or older or accompanied by a parent/legal guardian. Guests under the age of 18 will be limited to daytime visits only (10 a.m. – Midnight) and will not be permitted overnight visitation privileges (Exception: Lil Sibs Weekend).
- No student shall have visitors outside the posted visitation hours. Standard hours are Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - Midnight; Saturday - Sunday, 10 a.m. - Midnight.
- Overnight guests are permitted if pre-approved by senior housing staff. The overnight guest must check in at the front desk and complete an overnight guest form in the company of their resident host. The RA working at the desk will submit an overnight check-in form on behalf of the resident and visitor.
- The overnight guest must provide their driver’s license, state issued I.D., or other valid proof of identity to the front desk which displays the visitor’s photo and date of birth. The I.D. card will be held at the desk until the visitor departs the building, and must be picked up/returned each time the visitor enters or exits the building. A college or school identification card is not acceptable.
- The overnight guest must be of the same biological sex as the resident with whom he/she is staying and must be 18 years of age or older.
- Leaving your visitor alone or with someone else inside Bobcat Villas or the Clubhouse is prohibited.
- Allowing your visitor to enter/exit Bobcat Villas or the Clubhouse in any way except the main lobby entrance is prohibited.
- Allowing your visitor to violate the policies and procedures published in the Student Handbook is prohibited.
- Out of respect for roommates, a resident is only permitted to have an overnight guest for three nights per month, and no more than 2 nights may be consecutive.
- The rights of the roommates will always supersede the right of a resident to host a visitor. You must have the permission of your roommates to have overnight guests at any time, and if a concern is raised, your visitor may be asked to leave.
- A resident may host no more than 2 guests in their unit at one time except for approved family members.