Revisions adopted by President’s Cabinet 1/30/18
Adopted by President’s Cabinet 9/25/12
The possession, consumption, or furnishing of alcoholic beverages on the East Georgia State College campus is prohibited except for external organizations or persons (hereinafter referred to as “Permit Holder”) with express written permission from the President of East Georgia State College or his designee. The possession, consumption or furnishing of alcoholic beverages is limited to the Gymnasium and the Sudie A. Fulford Community Learning Center. The following describes the special conditions under which the serving of alcoholic beverages is permitted. To assure compliance, the special conditions permitting the serving of alcoholic beverages are contained in the “Alcoholic Beverage Service Agreement” between East Georgia State College and the Permit Holder.
On a limited basis, with Presidential approval, East Georgia State College permits the serving of alcoholic beverages. Extraordinary efforts must be made to protect the safety and well-being of Permit Holder, guests, students, faculty, and staff. For Permit Holders with permission to serve alcoholic beverages, additional liability insurance provisions are required for the event as set forth in the Alcoholic Beverage Service Agreement (PDF).
Alcoholic beverages supplied by the Permit Holder may be served when the following criteria are met.
- All alcoholic beverages must be furnished by the Permit Holder.
- No alcoholic beverage will be permitted at events directed towards underage participants.
- No sale or form of exchange for alcoholic beverages is permitted.
- Self-service is not permitted; the Permit Holder will be required to use a bartender(s) approved and recommended by East Georgia State College. The bartender(s) is responsible for dispensing alcoholic beverages and disposing of original containers. Alcoholic beverages must not be served in their original containers.
- Printed materials, including invitations, may not include references to alcoholic beverages.
- Proof of legal age must be presented upon request.
- No alcoholic beverages should be given to any person who is in an obvious state of intoxication.
- Continuous service of alcoholic beverages to Permit Holder or Permit Holder’s group may not exceed a period of one hour except when served with food. Service and consumption of alcoholic beverages is restricted to the area specified in the agreement.
- An alternate, non-alcoholic beverage must be available and apparent.
- Alcoholic beverages shall not be served to designated employees of East Georgia State College, caterers, bartenders, or private security.
- The Permit Holder must be present at the event.
- If the number of people expected for any event exceeds the number that can be managed by the on duty EGSC Police Department personnel (one per 100 guests), then additional EGSC Police Department personnel will be charged to the Permit User at a rate of $26.75 per hour per officer. Officers are to remain on paid duty until the Permit Holder indicates that all attendees have left the premises.