Through a series of online modules, East Georgia State's Online Orientation kicks off your on-boarding experience at the university. To complete the modules, you will need your student ID and email. These two items will be critical as you access PAWS, your student email account and other university systems moving forward.
Once you’ve completed the online program modules, you’ll find a screen that lists your required next steps, which are based on your specific student type (each of which is defined below). Note that all first-year students can only register for their required in-person orientation at the completion of the online modules.
Because orientation can make a significant difference in a student's success and persistence in college, students should visit the online orientation as often as needed to ensure a successful transition and integration into college life at EGSC. Family members are welcome to also review the information with you. After completion of the orientation modules, you should:
- Gain a better understanding of the personal and financial responsibilities of attending college
- Learn about campus services, activities, academic resources, and the college experience
- Learn about completing college business, such as getting your CatCard, talking to Housing, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, etc
- Find ways to get involved on campus
- Understand what is expected of you as a student at EGSC
For questions or concerns about the Orientation process or your student type, email admissionsFREEOMNIUPDATE.