Congratulations! You have been accepted to East Georgia State College! Here are the next steps to work on before you join us here on campus:
Pay I-901 Fee
You must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee at least 3 days prior to your visa appointment. Note: If you are already in the U.S. in F-1 or J-1 visa status or you have paid this fee within the last 12 months and were denied a visa, you do not have to pay this fee again. You will only need to present the receipt for your previous payment.
Apply for Visa
Consult the U.S. Department of State’s website for a list of U.S. embassies and consulates and for information on what you will need for your visa appointment. Study in the States is also a great resource for helping to understand the visa process.
To request an Emergency/Expedited Visa (F1) Appointment*
*Important Note: This information is taken from U.S. embassy websites for The Bahamas, Nigeria, and Honduras. You should always check the website of the U.S. embassy you will have your visa appointment at, or contact the embassy directly, for further detail and/or if you have any questions. Visa procedures are subject to change by any U.S. embassy at any time with or without notice.
- Program must begin within 60 days with no regular appointments available before the program start date.
- If a student was refused a visa in the last six months they will not be eligible for this request.
- Documented proof is required – Form I-20 and SEVIS fee payment receipt (when applicable)
Steps to Take if You Meet the Requirements
- Pay the application visa fee
- Complete application form (DS-160)
- Schedule an appointment on earliest date available (Your appointment has to be scheduled before expedition is requested)
- Complete the Emergency Request form on your profile, making sure to state the reason for the expedited appointment is to begin or resume a valid program of study in the US within 60 days.
- Wait for a response from embassy in email
- If your appointment request is approved you will cancel the existing appointment and follow the instructions to schedule an expedited appointment in the email sent to you.
- When you go to your appointment you should have the following:
- A printed copy of your appointment letter
- Form DS-160 confirmation
- One photograph taken within the last 6 months
- Current and any expired passports
- Original visa fee payment receipt
- Copies of financial documents (if possible) and/or any other documents required by your U.S. embassy for a visa appointment (see note above)
Apply for Housing
Freshmen may choose to live on campus or off campus; however, we do have on campus housing at the Swainsboro campus only. On-campus housing is limited to single students.
Submit Completed Certificate of Immunization
- The Certificate of Immunizations is mailed with your immigration materials or can be printed here.
- Once you have registered for classes you will have access to your myEGSC account and will be able to upload the Certificate of Immunizations in the Student Forms section.
Orientation is a unique experience for new international students to become acquainted with East Georgia. It is required for all new undergraduate international students.
- Complete the Orientation modules and submit the embedded pre-registration survey. Physical orientation dates TBA.
Make Travel Arrangements
Savannah/Hilton Head International is the closest airport to the Swainsboro and Statesboro locations and the Augusta Regional Airport is in the EGSC-Augusta area. Visit here or here for information on transportation from the airport.
- Undergraduate students should plan on arriving to campus during the days leading up to the first day of class.
- Students in Initial status may enter the United States no more than 30 days before the program start date listed on your Form I-20.
Prepare to Pay Tuition and Fees
All of your tuition and fees for the first semester must be paid by the first day of classes.