Student Complaint Mechanisms
East Georgia State College realizes there may be times when you desire to share information about:
- Concerns you may have that are associated with the College
- Safety and health-related issues
- Ethics issues
- Policy or procedure issues or
- Other issues or concerns.
All of your concerns are important to us. Your valuable input will enable us to respond and continually improve to better serve you.
The information provided herein is designed to guide and direct you to the appropriate complaint mechanism to fully address and resolve your concerns.
If this an emergency, please call EGSC Police at 478-255-0125 or call 9-1-1.
This is not an emergency response system.
Existing EGSC Complaint Mechanisms that May Address Your Specific Concerns:
The below EGSC Policies contain official complaint mechanisms designed to address specific concerns. Some links, such as the Ethics and Compliance Hotline will direct you to services offered outside the institution.
- Academic Exclusion Appeal
- Academic Honesty Policy
- Amorous Relationships Policy
- Behavioral Recommendation Team
- Conflict Resolution
- Employee Grievance Policy
- Ethics and Compliance Hotline
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Final Course Grade Appeal
- Parking Violation Appeal Form (PDF)
- Student Academic Grievance Policy
- Student ADA Grievance Policy
- Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy
- Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Student Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Procedure
Other Concerns – Bobcat Growl Complaint System
The Bobcat Growl Complaint System is an online complaint system that offers you the opportunity to share your concerns and seek resolution. Use the link to share with us your concerns about a specific area of the College that may not be addressed by existing policies provided above. Click the button below and provide the requested information.
Complaints are routed to the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs and the Chief of Staff and Legal Counsel. We look forward to the opportunity to improve our service to you.
See Something? Say Something!
If you see a concerning behavior, please say something using the Incident Report Form. This report form can be used to report behavior that is either a conduct violation or behavior that you see in roommates, friends, other students or college employees that is concerning to you. Keep our campus safe! See Something? Say Something!
External Complaint Options
These options may be used after a student has exhausted all internal complaint avenues: