The Performing Arts scholarship program was established in the Spring of 2021 and will begin Fall semester 2021. The program was established to draw dedicated performing arts students to our region and to promote excellence in the theatrical and other performing arts.
- Awards are $1,000 per student, renewable annually, for a maximum of two years.
- Students must attend East Georgia State College’s Swainsboro campus.
- Performing Arts scholarship students who meet eligibility requirements and continue their studies at EGSC will be given first consideration for subsequent years.
- Students must attain qualifying enrollment status to receive subsequent year funding.
- Completion of the Performing Arts Scholarship Application
- Submission of an audition video containing a 60-90 second monologue and 16 bars of an a capella song
- Resume of production experience
- Applicants must have a 2.5 GPA or higher
Before an applicant is able to receive the scholarship, they must apply and be accepted to East Georgia State College.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Complete at least 24 credit hours in freshman year
- Complete the Theatre Production course pathway
- Actively participate in two major theatrical productions and a series of mini-productions during the full theatre season