Residential students looking for on campus employment should consider becoming a resident assistant in the Bobcat Villas.
Resident Assistants Function at the Highest Level in the Areas of:
- Role modeling and leadership
- Resource assistance and referral
- Student and community development
- Safety and security awareness
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Customer service activities
Typical duties include:
- Working at the student reception desks in Bobcat Villas South or West.
- Attending regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Conducting administrative duties as assigned, including but not limited to, occupancy checks and health and safety inspections.
- Creating and implementing programming and social activities for residential students.
- Providing a listening ear for fellow residents.
- Connecting residential students with campus resources to help them be successful.
- Conducting duty rounds and responding during crisis situations.
- Assisting with Lock Outs.
- Reporting information to supervisors, especially when the health or safety of a resident is at risk.
Minimum Requirements for application consideration:
- Enrolled as a full-time, on-campus EGSC student (12+ credit hours) during period of employment.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the start of and during the term of employment.
- Be in "Good Standing" academically with the college.
- Must not have a conduct record with the Office of Student Conduct.
- Ability to balance academic, employment, personal and co-curricular commitments.
- Successful completion of the interview process.