Students must complete the Non-State-Funded Approval Form for courses not eligible for dual enrollment funding.

Students submit the form to their academic advisor at the time of advisement.

Examples of ineligibility include:

  • Enrolling in a course that isn’t on the GAfutures Dual Enrollment Course Directory (not a core/CTAE Dual Enrollment funded course).
  • Students who have met or will have met the Dual Enrollment funding cap before the start of the term.
  • Enrolling in a partially-funded course (i.e., a 3 credit hour course where only 2 credit hours of funding remains).
  • Enrolling in core courses in the 10th grade but not meeting the requirements for 10th-grade funding.
  • Participating in the 9th grade.
  • No longer eligible for funding due to having two course withdrawals or failing to maintain satisfactory academic progress.
  • Retaking a course for which the student has already received Dual Enrollment funding.
  • Attending a high school that does not participate in the Dual Enrollment funding program.