Purpose and Functions
The purpose of the committee is to ensure that all “mandatory student fees are used exclusively to support the institution’s mission to enrich the educational, institutional, and cultural experience of students”. The functions of the committee are to provide advice and counsel to the president on any institution proposals to increase mandatory fees, establish new mandatory fees, or change the purpose of an existing mandatory fee and to review the proposed budgets and make recommendations to the president regarding the adoption of the budgets.
Membership must be comprised of at least fifty (50) percent students and include a minimum of four students.
- Chair, Student Life representative
- Four students selected by the Student Government Association
- Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs or designee
- Vice President for Business Affairs or designee
- One faculty member elected by faculty