Purpose and Functions
The purpose and functions of the Professional Development Committee are to review institutional policies, procedures, and practices related to Academic Affairs and make recommendations that promote equity in teaching and learning and student success to the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs. Also, in conjunction with the Director of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning and the Director of eLearning, the Professional Development Committee plans an annual program of professional development related to teaching, learning, and assessment.
- Chair, Director of Center for Teaching and Learning;
- CETL’s Faculty Advisory Board
- QEP Director
- Director of eLearning;
- Faculty member from Mathematics;
- Faculty member from Natural Sciences;
- Faculty member from Humanities;
- Faculty member from Social Sciences;
- Director of the First Year Experience;
- Director of the Learning Commons; and
- Library Director
*Note: Between the CETL’s faculty advisory board and the selected faculty members, each of EGSC’s site locations should have faculty representation.