Purpose and Functions
The purpose of the Service Seal of Distinction Committee is to review, evaluate and award students for participation in community service projects, as defined in the Service Seal of Distinction Program, while enrolled at East Georgia State College. The functions of the committee are to determine eligibility standards for the award, publicize the service award to faculty, staff and students, coordinate with students and faculty concerning eligible service projects and substantiation requirements, and notify the Registrar of students eligible for the service seal of distinction at graduation. The committee also functions to recommend policies and procedures as necessary and proper to accomplish its purpose.
- Chair, Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs;
- Institutional Advancement representative;
- Director of EGSC Statesboro;
- Associate Vice President for External Campuses; and
- Complete College Georgia Representative - Director of Strategic Planning and Institutional Research.